Years 5-8, Secondary, Teachers
To understand the positive effect of knowing the names of the people around you.
We walk away knowing
Acknowledging someone shows a person they have value.
Do you know their name?
In this short video, Joe Schmidt talks about the positive effect it had on the whole team when senior players knew the names of junior players.
Joe was previously the coach of the Irish National team, and is speaking of that team when he mentions superstar players knowing the names of "academy kids".
- Do you agree with Joe that people knowing who you are makes you "grow in stature"?
- Have you had an experience where someone you really looked up to knew your name and acknowledged you, and how did that make you feel?
- Have you had an experience where someone you really looked up to remained aloof from others, and how did that make you feel?
- How good are you at knowing people's names and acknowledging them?
- How can you apply this mindset where you are?
Hear more from Joe: