Individuals and Groups
To draw attention to the difference between being proud and having pride.
We walk away knowing
Taking pride in who you are and what you do is a good thing.
- Can you think of a time when you (or someone you know) has acted proudly?
- Can you think of a time when you (or someone you know) has taken pride in themselves?
- What was the key difference in behaviour between the two examples you thought of above?
- Tall Poppy Syndrome was described as a blunt instrument that takes down the proud as well as those with pride. Why do you think we react to people being proud and/or taking pride in themselves so strongly?
- What could you do or say next time you see someone close to you taking pride in themselves or what they're doing?