Primary 5-8, Secondary
To learn to search for the positive.
We walk away knowing
That both big and small successes are important.
Everyone has days where you feel good about themselves and like you have accomplished a lot, and days where you feel like nothing has gone right! Sometimes we need a reminder of our accomplishments – big and small – so that we can celebrate our successes.
Encourage your students to write a Ta-Da list of everything they accomplished today. No accomplishment is too small!
Your Ta-Da like could include things like:
- I got to school on time
- I helped a sibling with their homework
- I completed a project at school
- I learned a new song on an instrument
- I cooked something for my family
- I played sport – being a good sports person
- I ticked something off their to do list
- I made my own lunch
- I helped other students understand directions on a worksheet during maths class
- How is writing a Ta Da list different from writing a To Do list?
- How does looking at the small things you have accomplished make you feel?
- Do you feel some satisfaction looking at the things you have accomplished today?
- How can you harness the power of the Ta Da list to help build your sense of well-being?